Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baseball night!

We went to a baseball game tonight. It was really fun, the boys were very well behaved, and Ethan didn't try to run away once.

The best part was when we took the elevator, it opened up and guess who was in there? South Paw! He's the super cute mascot for our team. He's a dog who is a baseball player. Stephen talks about him a bunch. Anyhow we got to ride with just us and him, now how fun is that? Super fun, that's how fun.

Anyhow here are some photos of the boys playing at the game with their awesome gloves their Grammy got them.

Speaking of Grammy, this is funny. Stephen's obsessed with color. Today it occured to me to mention that his Grammy's last name is "Brown" which is a name AND a color! He was completly boggled by this. He insists his Grammy is "Green" because she has a green garden and because she has a green house. Stephen also doesn't believe that we have a last name at all, much less "Kelloggs" which he recognizes from ceral commercials. *rolleyes* I'm trying to get him to be able to say his full name. So far, no good. He can say his town and he can sometimes say our street. He is obsessed with street names lately. "Mommy, what's this street were turning on?" So now when driving I'm reading every sign and telling the name of every street. If you happen to be with us, please remember. "All yellow signs say "be careful"." Let's leave it at that please! I mean they pretty much DO all say that.





So Sunday Brian took Stephen to that Xoey's party. Apparently it was AWESOME. Stephen came home sweaty and dirty and super happy! And they had the best favors ever, buggy cages with all sorts of candy and stuff inside! Totally cute. Anyhow I stayed home with Ethan who was just super tired. After he woke up from his nap I got almost two hours of just me and Ethan time. I rarely get time with just him. It was AWESOME. He talked a whole lot and he wanted to do all the things I do, he did art time, he wanted to sit on my lap while I read a book to him, he just loved it. I did too. We decided we will be making it a priority to spend more one on one time with each kid. Stephen actually gets some every day because he doesn't nap, he just does "rest time" where he has to read or something, but quietly. But I can't remember the last time I was alone with Ethan.

one more thing, go ahead and expect more videos. I think youtube is tempermental or something, some times it takes like 10 minutes to upload one, and sometimes it takes an hour then kicks me out. So I'll keep trying, but if it's taking forever for some funky reason then I might have to just do it a different day.

1 comment:

TJ said...

I'm pretty sure you knew this already but just in case ... your kids are insanely adorable! Sounds like ya'll had a fun night! Yay!