So last week I watched the TLC show Extreme Couponing. And I LOVED IT. Not that I wanted to do that extreme level of couponing. It's a goal in my life never to put my kid into a dumpster. Not for coupons or anything. Also I just don't have 70 spare hours a week to organize coupons and shop. Can she really be saving over say... working a full time job instead? But I guess she loves couponing. More power to those folks.
I was all interested though. Could this be for me? On some smaller scale? I mean I don't like paying for things. I facebooked about it and my friend Brooke linked me to THIS BLOG. Frugal Fun and Fortune. The thing is that the girl is local to me. So when she talks about deals they are at stores I actually have. I learned that NO stores in my area double coupons! So the amazing deals some people get I cannot get.
Anyhow Meagan finds the deals. She posts several times a day when she finds cool deals. She just posted a way to get FREE Special K. You can't imagine how much ceral this family eats. And we like Special K. And I'm getting TWO free boxes tomorrow. It makes me so happy.
But mostly I'm playing the CVS game. I started this week. I spent 10.58 out of pocket and got:
two packs of nail files
two boxes of ceral bars
one box of Special K
AND $4 in CVS dollars to spend on my next scenerio. So it was sorta like I only spent $6.58. Pretty cool.
I plan not to get too carried away. Basicly get things I really will use, take advantage of combining buy one get one free with coupons at Publix and play the CVS game.
Ok that's my new news lately. Well that and:
- Working out really well. Making friends there. Calvin is in the daycare and they love him to pieces.
- Kids are not into being back at school, tired in the morning, trying to get me to let them stay home and stuff. They will adjust.
- Calvin slept 8 hours last night. It was awesome.
- House is kinda messy. I need to get on that tomorrow.
- Saw Guliver's Travels and Tangled, both were better than I expected. Bought Despicible Me and LOVED it. Might be my favorite kid movie.
- Recently addicted to new shows: Tabitha's Salon Takeover, Dog the Bounty Hunter, and Milionare Matchmaker.