Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Stinky day

7pm wake up to Stephen crying. Like he's in pain.





He has exploded *poop* in 10 seperate piles. It smells like death. If you are familiar with Parvo it smells like that. Nothing like it really.





Ethan has it too, but kept his diaper on.





Into the bath they go.





I make a Dr. Appointment.





while waiting for the nurse to call me and let me know what to do for them until their appointments the phone rings. At the same time Stephen throws up on me. A LOT.





The phone is MY dr. My mamogram didn't go well. There are a bunch of suspicious masses and other crud. I have to go back for more images, an ultrasound and then after that possibly biopsies. I get this news NAKED, (tore off my puke clothes) with toddler throw up in my hair and sliding down my leg.





Dr visit time arrives, by now both boys have pooped over 20 times. They are going about once every 20 minutes. My house smells like horror.





Dr can't tell for sure what it is. No matter what it is there is no treatment, but to watch the dehydration. Stephen won't eat or drink. If he doesn't start drinking by tomorrow he gets a hospital visit for IV fluids/nutrition. He looks horrible. Ethan is drinking and eating a bit.





Stephen finally ate a bit of fruit (from the list the Dr. gave me that he can eat) and drank SOME, not much but some. I'm thinking a hospitalization is in our future.





I also have whatever this stomache illness is. I'm not as bad as them and I'm drinking lots.

did I mention the smell? Turns out nothing will get that out cept professional carpet cleaning. Of course we are not going to get that until they are done.

We were supposed to go out of town Thursday to visit a friend of mine. That's off.

I almost forgot! I get to collect 4 stool samples per kid. I already got 3 per. One more poop each and I'm turning in for the night.






In totally unrelated news this was in our yard:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My love, you had the mysterious kid disease, and we worried. You eventually ate. Dry toast and weak tea.

On the mammogram: this is almost certainly NOTHING! Do not get alarmed. Do not panic! Just get all your tests done and know this, you are younger, healthier, more ready to deal with anything! You are my amazing girl! I bet you have nothing to worry about!. It is best to get these tests done early!

Kelly said...

{{{HUGS}}}

Jan Scholl said...

sounds like a rotovirus-been there. but when life gives you kid poop, it turns around and gives you bird----um poop. But they sure are pretty from far away.

tomorrow is a better day once all the uglies are out of the kiddies bodies.

Charlene H. said...

You poor girl! What a horrible day for you. To help with the fluids you could try freezies. Most kids won't drink when they are feeling that bad but some will take a freezy. When my son was in a situation where he needed fluids "or else", I tried the freezies and he kept on eating them. They worked great and kept us out of the hospital.

Hope all is better soon.

Aranne and Dan said...

You don't know me but I check in on all of your lovely card creations all of the time (they are great by the way)... I just wanted to say hang in there and this too shall pass. My thoughts are with you and your family and you will all be feeling much better soon.

malikev said...

Erin,
I know this is scary news regarding your mammogram. You may also want to consider getting a breast MRI especially if they are talking biopsy. I just went through the Mammo, US and MRI in November and everything turned out fine. Like you, I have dense breast tissue. Good Luck - I'll be thinking of you - maureen