Friday, December 14, 2007

Yesterday's cake...

Um.. I hope you didn't write down yesterday's instructions for cake.


1. that is too tall of a cake recipe for how moist it is.

2. with just pudding in the layers there is nothing to hold it all together.

3. ganache doesn't dry fast enoug h to form a shell around the rapidly crumbling cake and hold it in a cake shape.

4. it's a MESS.


here are photos: before any icing, just falling apart in the fridge

some of the mess I got to clean up




More mess for me


The cake after being iced with the ganache



Final disposition. I scraped it all into that 9x12 pan and put it in the fridge, it tastes awesome, so I'm going to serve it with bowls and spoons.

See the cupcakes in there? The cupcakes came out just fine. I will definately do this recipe again but as cupcakes only. Now on the cupcakes, I couldn't get the andes chip pudding to go through my bizmark tip (which I use to get filling inside cupcakes) so I slipped one andes mint candy into each warm cupcake, then spooned ganache on top. This worked fine. I would probably put the candy in when the cake is hot next time so it melts into it more.

Did I mention that it all tastes awesome though? It's really very good.

No comments: