Friday, December 21, 2007

It's not all sunshine and rainbows

Yesterday Stephen was very congested. He won't take anything because he hates medicine. (just lately, usually he's fine) He kept doing this: cough, cough, gag, throw up. He threw up like 8 times; kitchen, hall, TV, in my new shoes, on his brother's back, in the toy room, kitchen again, couch. It was horrible throw up, smelled terrible. I'm not feeling great either, it took all I had not to throw up while cleaning it.

He got a very good night sleep and seems fine today, a bit sniffy, but fine. Thank you Heavenly Father.

Then today:

Ethan comes up touching his leg and saying "butt"

I look, he is leaking poo.

It's all the way down his leg, and on his arm, and face. I open the diaper and it's sloshy like total liquid. So nearly impossible to clean. I get him clean as I can then do the rest in the tub, let that water run out and make a fresh bath for two boys.

Stephen knows when he poops so I say, "do you have poop" he says no, I take a quick peek don't see any, pull his diaper down. POOP, it smears all down his leg and clothes. So I have to pick him up somehow and get him into the changing room to wipe the most of the poop off so he can go in the bath.

Get them all bathed, decide they can play blocks for about 30 min till Ethan takes a nap, I need to vaccume so I tell them to pick up toys first, which they do. I walk over to the fire place to pick up a rag and guess what I step in... cold poop.

so I get my foot cleaned off and go to clean up the pile and get on hands and knees to clean it and guess what I put my hand in? Another smear of poop!



Here is some good news:

Stephen understands I want his play room clean now. He will clean up his toys. I usually have to stand over him and remind him but he will DO it himself. I've even caught him picking up behind Ethan.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Heee hee heeeeee!!! I have soooo been there and done that!!! Sorry for your crappy day honey! Tee hee!

Anonymous said...

sorry abut all the poo.. but congrats on getting a boy(man in training) to pick up!!!
cindi
:)