Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Trip to the Zoo.

This trip was actually last Wednesday. I have a TON of photos, so it's taken me a while to get around to getting them to you.

They have a "dinosaur dig" now at our zoo. It's a sandbox with dinosaur bones in it.
We almost always ride the carousal. I really think our zoo has the prettiest one I've ever seen. Ethan was NOT sad, I know he looks sad, but this was his "silly" face.
And this is a "smile" face.
Stephen's smile face.
All three of us in this shot.
Ok, they both love the birds and fish more than anything else at the zoo. Go figure. This is in a bird house thingie. See that thing in Stephen's hand? It's a bird guide. Every time we saw a bird he VERY seriously looked at the guide then proudly proclaimed that the bird is a "Mango Mango".

Taking a break.
A Mango Mango.
Another Mango Mango. This one would NOT move out of our way, we had to sneak past it. It's my experience (white peacocks) that birds at zoos that are NOT afraid of you want to steal your popcorn and peck your eyes out. Give them their space.
Mango Mango again. (This was the first one actually and I thought he was refering to the color)
You can't see them, but there are otters in there.
See this cool animal? My kids didn't. There are tiny little fish in that water and that's all they look at here.
Tiny fish in this one too.
We stayed in this "temple" for a while. It's air conditioned and there are lots of tiny fish. (and bats and sloths and poision dart frogs, and a GIANT snake, and two kinds of tiny friendly monkeys, but all my kids remember is that there are fish in there. )
"Mommy, Fishes!"
"Just frogs, no fish"

And YES, we are getting annual passes to Sea World. I mean we HAVE to, with boys who love fish THIS much.

No comments: