Monday, June 23, 2008

Flat Rate Priority mailing.

Today at the post office:

Me: Hold this, *hand Stephen a flate rate envelope*
Stephen: Ok, what we can mail in this?
Me: whatever fits in it. Do you have something you want to mail?
Stephen: Yes, a duck!
Me: Oh ok, a picture of a duck? Who will you mail that to?
Stephen: No mommy a REAL duck, for my Gramma Sue
Me: I don't think you can mail a real duck baby.
Stephen: NO, I'm a kid! I'll ask the lady.
Me: Ok

At the counter

Me: Can Stephen ask you a question?
Lady: Of course he can.
*pick Stephen up so he can see her*
Stephen: I can mail a real duck in this ok?
Me: *shaking head no*
Lady: No hun, we don't ship live animals
Stephen: But I need to send a real duck to my Gramma Sue
Lady: How about a painting?
Stephen: No, she needs a real duck
Me: What about a clay duck?
Stephen: Ok


So Gramma Sue, expect a clay duck, we haven't made it yet. Whatever you do DON'T ask where your real duck is!

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

LOL!!!!!! I had to just read this out load to my mom...we both had a good laugh!