Monday, May 12, 2008

The good, the bad and the ugly

The Good
I had the best Birthday ever. The night before friends from church took me out for ice cream. It was all young moms we ate then talked for hours at the ice cream shop. Totally fun. Then on Friday I slept in a bit, then the boys got up and my mom called. I got SEVEN vintage aprons (photos soon) from her. Awesome. I have no idea where to store seven aprons, plus the 5 I already have, but whatever. Then me and the boys had a nice day, they were good all day. After nap time though Ethan had a fever, more on that under "the bad". In the evening Marcia watched the boys and Brian and I went out to dinner.

The Bad

Ethan is sick. So far Stephen seems ok. Ethan had 104 then 102 then 103 fevers. That's Friday, Saturday and Sunday. He is not hot today but is super snotty. Coughing some, must mostly super duper snotty. I'm hoping he is ok.

The Ugly
Two days in a row the boys have gotten into terrible trouble in their rooms in the early hours of the morning. Sunday they pushed a box over to the changing table and got down a new HUGE tub of A&D Ointment. For the record even carpet cleaning professionals cannot get that out of carpet. We know that from a past ointment experience. It was everywhere. On clothes, in hair, in eyes, in carpet, in miniblinds, on puppies. It took hours to clean up. Boys were in so much trouble, no tv for a day, no puppies, no blankie, no fun, no candy, no craft time, no happy parents. Ethan was sick too. Then today I get up to the same thing only with poop instead of ointment. Ethan's poop. Stephen actually tried to clean it up, but you know how it goes when a 3 yr old tries to clean stuff, just made it worse. It was everywhere. Not in hair. I had to shave their hair yesterday because we could not get the ointment out of it. *and by the way if you shave a very blonde kid with a fever and bags under his eyes he looks like a lukemia patient, and no, I don't have a photo of that*

I do have a few photos though so let me share them now.
This is Ethan in the car. We couldn't take him into the nursing home when we went to visit Brian's grandfather. I don't think they like you to take very sick children into nursing homes. So me and Ethan sat in the hot hot car for the visit. Not one of my most brilliant ideas. Should have stayed home. See his misery?This is the boys, sitting in a box that our new computer came in watching TV. Oh, did I forget to mention the new computer? Our old one died. We had to get a new one, I was without the internet for almost a week. It was horrible. Also the AC died in one car and our pool pump broke. It's been a fantastic week. I'm ready to jump off a bridge. *to offense to the relatives of those who have jumped off bridges, suicide is very serious, I'm not QUITE that desperate yet* Anyhow this was really cute in real life, I don't know why they all look to snarky in this photo.

there is more crap, but don't you think that's enough of a downer for now? yea, me too.

No comments: